Follow these steps if you have an unresponsive app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Restart the app
Close the app and open it again.
Restart your device
Check for iOS and app updates
- Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
- Open the App Store and tap Updates.
- If updates are available, tap Update All.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.
Install another app from the App Store
Try installing a different app that you don't have on your device. Find a free app from the App Store, and remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.
Delete and reinstall the app
- Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap the on the app.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store and download the app again.
- Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.
Contact the app developer
If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:
- Find the app in the App Store.
- Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
- Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.